Re: iSCSI request keep rejected by microsoft iSCSI target because of write_same check

On 01/10/2014 02:09 AM, vaughan wrote:
> On 01/10/2014 03:41 PM, Mike Christie wrote:
>> On 1/10/14 12:11 AM, vaughan wrote:
>>> I haven't figure out why it's rejected with "bookmark invalid"(9)
>>> reason, rather than "command not supported". IMO "bookmark invalid" is
>>> used when minor protocol conflict such as final flag not set with
>>> non-write command. However, I haven't find error of this kind in
>>> report_opcode, so I guess it's not supported on the target.
>>>

>> Is it possible to get a wireshark/tcpdump trace? It does not have to
>> be during boot. We just need to see what commands are sent and the
>> response the target is returning.
>>
>> I forgot we know some microsoft iscsi target people. We can just email
>> them with the trace to confirm what is going on with the target. The
>> trace seems to be easier for them than them interpreting linux kernel
>> logs.
> I enabled debug_iscsi_tcp, here is a more detailed log in normal connection.
> Does "conn error (1020)" mean it's target peer who disconnect the
> connection at the same time of reject report_opcode?

Yes.

> If it is, I think iSCSI boot failure can't be avoided without disable
> write_same check on OEL.

Yes, you are right. Due to how more distros do boot, iscsid will not be
up and you will hang. If are talking about disablement though I think it
should not be done at the iscsi layer. It should be some sort of
white/black list at the scsi device layer or something like that.

However, I will ping Microsoft and cc you and we can see what is up for
sure. Maybe we will get lucky and they will have a release with a fix on
their side.