Re: Onboard SD card doesn't work anymore after the 'mmc-v5.4-2' updates

> On 21. Oct 2019, at 02:06, Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 2019-10-20 at 14:04 +0200, Christian Zigotzky wrote:
>>
>> Thanks a lot for your suggestion!
>>
>> I had to create a patch because I wasn't able to select
>> "CONFIG_NOT_COHERENT_CACHE" in the kernel configuration (patch attached).
>>
>> After patching I was able to select "CONFIG_NOT_COHERENT_CACHE" in the
>> kernel config. I compiled a new RC3 of kernel 5.4 with this kernel
>> config option yesterday.
>>
>> The good news is, that the onboard SD card works! We successfully tested
>> it on two AmigaOnes (X5000/20 and X5000/40) yesterday but we need a new
>> patch
>> because of the possibility to select "CONFIG_NOT_COHERENT_CACHE" in the
>> kernel config
>
> What I find weird is why would it be non-coherent ? A system based on a
> E500 should be coherent afaik...
>
> Cheers,
> Ben.

Hi Ben,

I think it isn’t good to use the kernel config option "CONFIG_NOT_COHERENT_CACHE" if the system is coherent, is it?

We tested the kernel with "CONFIG_NOT_COHERENT_CACHE" yesterday but we didn’t find any differences to the coherent kernel.

Could you please explain us the difference between the coherent and not coherent kernel?

Thanks,
Christian

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Memonry Technology]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Media]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]