Re: Onboard SD card doesn't work anymore after the 'mmc-v5.4-2' updates

On Fri, 2019-10-18 at 11:13 +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux admin wrote:

> > > Perhaps implement the arch_setup_dma_ops() for PPC, that set
> > > "dev->dma_coherent = true" could work?
> >
> > Only for coherent ops :)
>
> For those of us who have never touched the PowerPC code before, any
> suggestion where you would like to see that?  No file in arch/powerpc/mm
> stands out as a place for DMA stuff (and dma-noncoherent.c is certainly
> not correct.)

Anywhere is fine but I think it's easy. Coherent DMA is for historical
reasons a function of the processor generation, and as such a CONFIG
option.

So setting it according to CONFIG_NOT_COHERENT_CACHE will probably work
just fine.

Well at least I think so ... unless I'm missing some broken HW
somewhere I am not aware of.

Cheers,
Ben.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Memonry Technology]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Media]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]