Re: linuxtv.org fell in the blacklists trap

En/na Johannes Stezenbach ha escrit:

> Fighting spam is always a matter of effort. I didn't do the current
> setup (Ralf H. did), but I had to choose some replacement DNSBLs
> because those which were used originally went out of existance.

if it's one I had to deal with, good riddance! (I don't remember the
name, but I do remember that they didn't listen to you. I was very glad
when I saw them disappear).
It seemed to be popular in Germany, so maybe it's the same.

> Maybe there's a better replacement for safe.dnsbl.sorbs.net,
> I'll try to look into it at the weekend. But I don't have the
> time to change the whole setup now, and just installing spamd
> won't cut it as this thing eats too much CPU with the amount
> of spam that hits linuxtv.org.

Greylisting and sender address verification don't suck too much cpu
(though the latter may not be advisable on high traffic sites, and the
former doesn't work with some broken senders).
Both will let some spam through, though they don't give false positives.

Bye
--
Luca