Re: linuxtv.org fell in the blacklists trap

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> En/na Johannes Stezenbach ha escrit:
>> On Tue, Oct 30, 2007, Luca Olivetti wrote:
>>> El Tue, 30 Oct 2007 18:41:27 +0100

>>> It doesn't surprise me, since those affected cannot contact you. It's
>>> the perfect system to avoid complaints ;-)
>> Bullshit. Just a suggestion: If you run your own mailserver
>> you should probably read RFC 2821.
>
> Frankly, I didn't check if linuxtv.org follows rfc2821 (and now that I'm
> delisted I cannot check), however most of the sites that blindly rely on
> flawed blacklists don't usually honour rfc2821 either (I suppose you refer
> to section 4.5.1).

Yes.

>> Or failing that, you could just ask someone else to
>> forward a message for you, or ask Mauro or
>> one of the other developers for help.
>
> Yes, there are workarounds for linuxtv.org. In other cases it may not be so
> simple to contact the administrador (see above). And, again, I shouldn't go
> through all this hassle: I did nothing wrong.

Fighting spam is always a matter of effort. I didn't do the current
setup (Ralf H. did), but I had to choose some replacement DNSBLs
because those which were used originally went out of existance.
Maybe there's a better replacement for safe.dnsbl.sorbs.net,
I'll try to look into it at the weekend. But I don't have the
time to change the whole setup now, and just installing spamd
won't cut it as this thing eats too much CPU with the amount
of spam that hits linuxtv.org.

Johannes