Re: linuxtv.org fell in the blacklists trap

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007, Luca Olivetti wrote:

> In a misguided attempt to curb spam, someone at linuxtv.org decided to
> use the sorbs blacklist.
> If you decide to go on relying on blacklists, at least use the one
> listing confirmed sources of spam, not the broader one using arbitrary
> and flawed criteria (like all supposedly dynamic/residential/adsl
> addresses, or all the ip from china, etc.).

We use safe.dnsbl.sorbs.net already.

I've always wanted to upgrade the spam filtering to something better,
smarter, but since the current setup works fairly well (your's
is the first complaint since I switched to safe.dnsbl.sorbs.net
about one year ago) it has very low priority for me, sorry.

Johannes