Re: linuxtv.org fell in the blacklists trap

En/na Johannes Stezenbach ha escrit:
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2007, Luca Olivetti wrote:
>> El Tue, 30 Oct 2007 18:41:27 +0100
>>
>>> is the first complaint since I switched to safe.dnsbl.sorbs.net
>>> about one year ago)
>> It doesn't surprise me, since those affected cannot contact you. It's
>> the perfect system to avoid complaints ;-)
>
> Bullshit. Just a suggestion: If you run your own mailserver
> you should probably read RFC 2821.

Frankly, I didn't check if linuxtv.org follows rfc2821 (and now that I'm
delisted I cannot check), however most of the sites that blindly rely on
flawed blacklists don't usually honour rfc2821 either (I suppose you
refer to section 4.5.1).

> Or failing that, you could just ask someone else to
> forward a message for you, or ask Mauro or
> one of the other developers for help.

Yes, there are workarounds for linuxtv.org. In other cases it may not be
so simple to contact the administrador (see above). And, again, I
shouldn't go through all this hassle: I did nothing wrong.

Bye
--
Luca