Re: linuxtv.org fell in the blacklists trap

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> El Tue, 30 Oct 2007 18:41:27 +0100
>
> > is the first complaint since I switched to safe.dnsbl.sorbs.net
> > about one year ago)
>
> It doesn't surprise me, since those affected cannot contact you. It's
> the perfect system to avoid complaints ;-)

Bullshit. Just a suggestion: If you run your own mailserver
you should probably read RFC 2821.

Or failing that, you could just ask someone else to
forward a message for you, or ask Mauro or
one of the other developers for help.

> > it has very low priority for me, sorry.
>
> Well, I hope you reconsider. As I said I was wrongly listed. Twice. One
> day the same could happen to you, then you'll understand.

I've made that experience already. Today I entrust my
private mail to a buddy who knows his job. But I think
the key problem is that if you choose the wrong hoster
for your server, you'll gonna have problems...

Anyway, I freely admit that I'm rather lame as a mail
server admin. Changing the spam filter setup is on my
TODO list, but I'm not going to rush it, I need more
time to do it than I have atm. I'll add your
IP address to the whitelist, though.

Johannes