[linux-dvb] Re: Status of HDTV5 lite?

Michael Krufky wrote:

> CityK wrote:
>
>> Michael Krufky wrote:

>>> Yes, as I said, composite already works... I have tested that.
>>> S-Video might work, but I dont know, since I havent been able to
>>> test that yet.
>>

>> IIRC, the BT878A has very limited audio in capabilities, so don't
>> expect RCA-L/R stereo audio
>

> again... I am assuming that you didnt intend to send this privately.
>
> I think stereo did work for me.  It certainly does work on my
> Hauppauge WinTV bt878-based card.

hmmm....I glanced at the datasheet a couple of weeks ago and it didn't
seem like the multiplexor supported stereo audio in, just a microphone.
The marketing brochures also only refer to it as a video decoder as
opposed to an A/V decoder....what spawned this was that I was looking at
the Fujiplus HDTV card , it also has  s-video/composite and RCA audio in
, but it is apparent that there are additional ICs on board, which, from
my glance at the BT's datasheet, I took to be audio decoder/processing
related.

However, I freely admit that I could be completely wrong.