[linux-dvb] Re: Status of HDTV5 lite?

Luis Ochoa wrote:
> After doing some more reading, and after running into another thread
> TDVS-H062F, I have (somewhat) more intelligent questions to ask.
>
> The connection for the breakout box you mention, it accepts I suppose,
> S-video OR composite, RCA-L/RCA-R stereo audio....is this a true
> statement? Could I (potentially, given that the drivers evolve to it)
> capture input from a set-top-box through that connection?

Yes, as I said, composite already works... I have tested that.  S-Video
might work, but I dont know, since I havent been able to test that yet.

>>From the thread I mentioned above plus your previous answer, I gather:
> -NTSC IF Demod is a tda9887
> -TDA9887 (PAL, SECAM, NTSC, FM Radio)
>
> My question is, If I connect the card to my HDTV antenna (which also
> receives FM radio), evidently I could potentially listen to my local
> radio that way, if the drivers support it. What other user space apps
> are out there for it? I gather the (x)zap apps are for tuning a-atsc?
> s-satellite? c-cable?........is there and fmzap? :-)

tda9887 is an analog demod... It has nothing to do with (x)zap

The card doesnt receive analog fm signals.

...about digital fm zap, I don't know... If there's digital fm, then
maybe there's a way... but DViCO doesn't advertise it, so I doubt it.

--
Michael Krufky