[linux-dvb] Re: Status of HDTV5 lite? LGDT330X QAM bug?

On Mon Sep 26 17:49:38 2005, Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Great!  The problem was actually occuring on any kind of video mode
> switch.  Since that last email I wrote, I made even further
> improvements:  I fixed it such that tv, composite, mute and atsc
> (obviously) all work correctly, without killing the frontend.  (I had to
> get composite working in the process, an extra bonus :-D )
>
> S-Video could still break the frontend, because I have not yet
> programmed s-video on this board, as I am currently looking for a
> break-out-box adapter to test this with.  (My break-out-box works just
> fine for composite, as I have already tested that, but the s-video jack
> on it is broken.)

Michael,
sorry to butt in here, but I'm following this thread closely, since I
own one of these cards and am getting ready to test it with your fixes
to the driver.
Question, kinda OT but still related, are you talking here about the
"Lite" version? composite/s-video/breakout box? My card is a Lite and
I only have a coax-in connector.....I can see a connection behind the
mounting bracket, is it functional?

Also, and if you don't mind the complete OT, I've been reading the
list like crazy for the past week or so, when you guys talk about the
frontend, what is it? is it the actual part of the board that does the
"tuning", the big metal box? Sorry for the noobiness here.

Thanks, Luis.