[linux-dvb] Re: Status of HDTV5 lite?

Luis Ochoa wrote:
> Thanks! Whoa then...you just got yourself a bunch of questions here.
> Yeah, I'll take my 3/8" drill bit to that plate, don't worry about that :-D

:-)

> So, and sorry for not being too specific in terms (although I'm not
> new to Linux, I'm new to v4l/dvb in Linux), when I install the
> drivers, the OS will see 2 actual capture devices??? one for the
> digital side (ATSC/QAM) and one for the S-Video/Composite analog part?
> What about analog signal on the coax (analog cable or analog antenna).

/dev/video
/dev/vbi

... and some others ... that is the analog stuff

/dev/dvb/*

that is the digital stuff

This is an incomplete answer... go take a look at the wiki's (both v4l
wiki and dvb wiki) on linuxtv.org ... That will provide the information
that you're looking for.

> Funny you mention the ATI AIW, I have an ATI TV Wonder Elite (Theatre
> 550 Pro, I know different than yours) but I haven't found Linux
> support for it yet...you know of any?

Take a look at the GATOS project.  It's currently hosted on
sourceforge... Google knows where it is :-)

> Thanks for your help!

My pleasure...

Cheers,
Mike Krufky