[linux-dvb] Re: Status of HDTV5 lite?

On 10/3/05, Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am talking about the Lite model, but the Gold model works as well.
> The connection behind the mounting bracket is exactly the connection
> that I'm talking about -- it works.  I have no idea why DViCO chose to
> hide that behind a metal plate, but I have the card installed in my
> system without the plate at all.  You can probably pick up a new metal
> plate with a hole cut out for s-video... I'll leave that to you ;-)

Thanks! Whoa then...you just got yourself a bunch of questions here.
Yeah, I'll take my 3/8" drill bit to that plate, don't worry about that :-D

So, and sorry for not being too specific in terms (although I'm not
new to Linux, I'm new to v4l/dvb in Linux), when I install the
drivers, the OS will see 2 actual capture devices??? one for the
digital side (ATSC/QAM) and one for the S-Video/Composite analog part?
What about analog signal on the coax (analog cable or analog antenna).

Funny you mention the ATI AIW, I have an ATI TV Wonder Elite (Theatre
550 Pro, I know different than yours) but I haven't found Linux
support for it yet...you know of any?

Thanks for your help!

Luis.