Re: ScanModem report - Bill Lowther, USA, kernal 2.6.28-15-generic CORRECTION

RE: if the specific Agere 620 driver supports FAXing
-----------------------------
>From http://www.lsi.com/networking_home/networking_products/modem_chip_sets/pc_modems/sv92pp/index.html?locale=EN&remote=1
V.92 soft modem chip set solution is for the PCI applications. The LSI
SV92PP chip set is a two-chip solution consisting of an LSI SV92PP PCI
interface and a CSP1040 silicon DAA. It supports V.92/V.90/V.34 data
and FAX rates up to 14.4 kbits/s. The SV92PP is an interface device
with the memory required for receiving, transmitting, and buffering
data sent between the host system (soft modem stack) and the DAA or
line codec.
My expectation is that this well also be true for Linux.

MarvS