Re: ScanModem report - Bill Lowther, USA, kernal 2.6.28-15-generic CORRECTION

Jacques:
     I'm sorry for the confusion - I am not experienced w/ the workings of a
fax program from the computer.  So, I am probably not explaing myself too
well.  I'll start from the beginning -
My previous computer had Win XP, a USR 5660A modem for faxing, and a BSRP
"PhoneTools" program.  My ISP was Verizon, via DSL (not dial-up).  I don't
remember how PhoneTools was setup for faxing.  I recently upgraded to this
computer - an eMachine w/ Vista Home Basic, which does not support faxing.
Verizon is still the ISP, via DSL, and I would like to be able to fax from
the computer as I did before.  The modem that came w/ Vista, as shown in the
ModemData report, is the Agere Systems Device 0620.
How do I fax from this computer w/ this equipment?

Bill