Re: ScanModem report - Bill Lowther, USA, kernal 2.6.28-15-generic CORRECTION

A4Skyhawk wrote:

Jacques:
I have DSL, so I don't need to dial a number to get to the ISP for an
internet connection.  Do I need to create another (dial-up) connection for
fax service?

Bill
Sorry Bill but this time I am lost.
If you have DSL, what would you need another connection for?
What would you need wvdial for if you do not need an Analog Modem, not a DSL, Internet connection?
Or is it perhaps that you want:
a- your DSL connection to connect to the Internet for mail, surfing, etc... , and b-the ability to use a FAX machine using an other modem, of type Analog (dial up) and not DSL?

If this is indeed what you want, an Internet (wvdial) connection using an analog (dialup) modem is definitely hopeless to send FAXes !

Please explain what you want to do and what is then the problem.

Jacques