Re: Agrsm for Xubuntu 8.04 kernel 2.6.24-19

Steve,

$ sudo modprobe agrserial
will suffice to load both drivers and create the ports.

There is a file /etc/module
in which you could add a line:
  agrserial
which would cause agrserial to be loaded during bootup.
But I recommend AGAINST it.  It some future change in System should
cause agrserial to crash the System on boot,
YOU would have to use a rescue disk to make changes and your
experience level is not that high.

If you like, first practice using your Ubuntu install disk as a Rescue disk,
until you are confident in capability to thus do an edit in your hard
drive Linux partition.

MarvS