Re: Agrsm for Xubuntu 8.04 kernel 2.6.24-19

Yes, that's where it came from, but editing in  /dev/ttyAGR3  didn't make any
difference, so I went back to instruction 1. of the agrsm_howto.text and
started again. This time when I got to   $sudo wvdial   it worked. I think I
have to sort something out with my internet provider, as after the password
was put in there wwere some lines of code, then the carrier cut off. Then
wvdial kept trying to redial, about twice a second. The only way I could
find to stop it was to turn the terminal off. Un-checking the "enable
networking" didn't work. When I turned the terminal on again and tried  sudo
wvdial  again, the reply was "cannot access  /dev/ttySAGR  device busy. I
tried re-booting, but had to go back to the start again.
At the bottom of the agrsm_howto.text is a paragraph about creating the
symbolic link    /dev/modem--> /dev/ttyAGS3. The paragraph says to add lines
to files but only mentions one line to be added to one file, the 10.local
rules file. If I access this file through the file manager, the line that I
put in is there, but if I access it using the terminal and mousepad, the
file is empty.
Where to from here?
Steve King