Re: Agrsm for Xubuntu 8.04 kernel 2.6.24-19

type the follow commands and look if you got any problem. If yes
perhaps your modem are being used yet, or system conflict.

bash-3.1# modprobe -r agrserial
bash-3.1# modprobe -r agrmodem

If you get success try reload modem modules again and see if connect.
If no you can disable sound in BIOS to make a test.

You also can try manually compile the version
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/11c11040/agrsm-20090418.tar.gz
(by example) or perhaps
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/11c11040/dkms-agrsm_2.1.80-7_i386.deb
and see if that work.

you get success when connect with root account?

modprobe agrmodem
modprobe agrserial
ln -s /dev/ttyAGS3 /dev/modem
wvdial