Re: Alexander Menk, Ethiopia kernel 2.6.22-14-generic

Hi!

I was suprised that the logs contain binary data. I guess that's some raw data passing the phoneline?
Anyways the files are quite huge, so I uploaded them to a webserver.

I did a few tries. Most of the time I get "NO CARRIER" (sometime BUSY, which is unusual, because 100% of the time I tried to dial "900" with a normal phone, I never got free line) Sometimes I get a Timeout error from wvdial, so I provide you with to logs of both cases.

NO CARRIER:
http://self.mestrona.net/slmodem/slmodem.log.hw06-nocarrier.gz
http://self.mestrona.net/slmodem/wvdial-nocarrier

Remark. During waiting for the Carrier there are hunderts of lines like this:
<443.986114> main: dev write = 0
<443.986148> main: alsa xrun: try to recover...
<444.010030> main: alsa xrun: recovered.
<444.010119> main: dev read = 0

TIMEOUT:
http://self.mestrona.net/slmodem/slmodem.log.hw06-timeout.gz
http://self.mestrona.net/slmodem/wvdial-timeout

My wvdial.conf (I set attempts to 1 for creating the log)
http://self.mestrona.net/slmodem/wvdial.conf

Alex

Marvin Stodolsky schrieb:
RE: Does it make sense to upgrade to the most recent alsa version to get a
carrier?
MIght bring benefits as the code is being continually improved as
problems are reported.
Plese start slmodemd with
   slmodemd -c WhatEvenCountryIsBest --alsa --log --debug=2  hw:0,6
Then dialout.
  Send us the output Logfile to analyze

MarvS