Re: Alexander Menk, Ethiopia kernel 2.6.22-14-generic

Marvin,

Marvin Stodolsky schrieb:
Alex,

Re: >  >         Diagnostics and the Archive data DISAGREE
non-issue.  Just due to my shuffling some definition orders around
okay

RE: > realistic is it, that it's a country-code issue ?
You should at least get a dialout.
Read the wvdial.txt  about adding +MS=90 or +MS=34 to compemsate for
poor line quality.

okay, when trying all country codes I got one connect (for Country=ITALY) but after trying this again, it didn't work. Seems to be really some poor-line-issue. With MS=34 I got a full connect (I had to set stupid mode = on, as well, so that authentication worked), but the second, third, forth try didn't work ... I keep trying. With another machine (no slmodemd) connecting works better, There, I've to retry sometimes once again, but not as endless as with this machine.

Also some possibility you may have to upgrade to ALSA version 1.0.5
But try the simple things first.
yes .. I've alsa 1.0.14-1ubuntu2 - maybe you meant 1.0.15 ? is there any improvement for poor-lines?

PLEASE register as a List member at www.linmodems.org , for faster responses.

I'm alread a list member :)

Alex

Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) GmbH; Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office Eschborn/Taunus, Germany; Registergericht/Registered at Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, Germany; Eintragungs-Nr./Registration no. HRB 12394; Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Erich Stather, State Secretary; Geschaeftsfuehrer/Managing Directors: Dr. Bernd Eisenblaetter, Wolfgang Schmitt