Re: Alexander Menk, Ethiopia kernel 2.6.22-14-generic

Hi!

I'm just stupidly trying every single countrycode by script... how realistic is it, that it's a country-code issue ? In Testing.txt there is written that when using the wrong country code I'll get no dialtone - is that correct?

I get a dialtone, but no carrier... Maybe something else is wrong?

should I take the following message from wvdial seriously?

WvDial<*1>: WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.56
WvModem<*1>: Cannot get information for serial port.

What about this:

>  Softmodem codec or chipset from diagnostics: 11c1, an
> LSI/AgereSystems type.
>                                 from    Archives: 11c13026_AgereSystems
>         Diagnostics and the Archive data DISAGREE

Does that mean the modem is currently unsupported by the driver?

Alex

Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) GmbH; Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office Eschborn/Taunus, Germany; Registergericht/Registered at Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, Germany; Eintragungs-Nr./Registration no. HRB 12394; Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Erich Stather, State Secretary; Geschaeftsfuehrer/Managing Directors: Dr. Bernd Eisenblaetter, Wolfgang Schmitt