Re: Alexander Menk, Ethiopia kernel 2.6.22-14-generic

Hi Marvin,

thanks for your quick reply,

what's the excatly meaning / technical background of this code ?

The telecom company told that there standard is the european one. That's why I tried "100: CTR21EUROPE" as well, with the same result. Is there any other way to find out the hexadecimal modem code? It it possible to get it from the windows driver?

I already tried Carrier Check = no, but I'm wondering why wvdial still says "Waiting for Carrier" then and I get the same No-Carrier error.

Alex

Marvin Stodolsky schrieb:
ALex

Change
Carrier Check = on
Carrier Check = no
This is necessary for modems using /dev/pts/N ports

The first column in the output of
$ slmodemd --countrylist
is the hexadecimal modem code.
Find out which hexadecimal modem code is used in Ethiopia.  Then you
can use the name of any COUNTRY
with the same  hexadecimal modem code

MarvS

Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) GmbH; Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office Eschborn/Taunus, Germany; Registergericht/Registered at Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, Germany; Eintragungs-Nr./Registration no. HRB 12394; Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Erich Stather, State Secretary; Geschaeftsfuehrer/Managing Directors: Dr. Bernd Eisenblaetter, Wolfgang Schmitt