Re: agere hda in Acer Travelmate 6291

Manuel,

The model of the computer is not meaningfull.
It even frequently occurs that two "same" computers (same manufacturer, same model) use different modem chips.
The problem has NOTHING to do with the Linux distribution which you use,
but perhaps with some tool common to the distributions which however may contain different releases (updates) of the tool.

It would be of great help to the linmodems community if you could identify the author of the Web page which you quote
 http://www.gratisweb.com/linuxaspire9424/#Modem_56k
and ask this person to reproduce what you just did:
BEGIN
> 2) Please do:
> > $ grep -rs 11c1 /proc/asound
> > which should provide decisive info on your Agere softmodem chip.

/proc/asound/Intel/codec#0:Codec: Generic 11c1 Si3054
/proc/asound/Intel/codec#0:Vendor Id: 0x11c11040
/proc/asound/card0/codec#0:Codec: Generic 11c1 Si3054
/proc/asound/card0/codec#0:Vendor Id: 0x11c11040
END
to see if it also outputs 0x11c11040
If it does appear identically, please give us the address of the author so that we can get all details.

I am sorry to have to ask for your help: we are a few volunteers and I have too much urgent work to do to try to reach the author of the Web page, and in addition I do not know Spanish.

Thanks - Jacques

Manuel Lemos wrote:
Hello,