Re: agere hda in Acer Travelmate 6291

Manuel,

Something was fishy from the start, it would be great if your modem
were supported by SLMODEMD.gcc4.2.tar.gz, however, running scanModem
test option with your pci id's returns the following:

[root@localhost scanModem]# ./scanModem test 8086:27d8 1025:012a

      Primary PCI_id  8086:27d8
    Subsystem PCI_id  1025:012a
    Softmodem codec or chipset from diagnostics:
                               from    Archives:

 Lacking a dsp (digital signal processing) chip, the modem is a software
 intensive or "softmodem" type. Its primary controller manages the traffic
 with the CPU. But the software needed is specified in the Subsystem.
Support type needed or chipset:

Support can likely be achieved through two mutually exclusive alternatives:
1) The hsfmodem software for Conexant chipset modems: Read Conexant.txt
The following ALSA alternative CANNOT work with Conexant modems.

2) An ALSA modem driver plus slmodemd.  Read Smartlink.txt for details, and
to test get the package SLMODEMD.gcc4.1.tar.gz from:
        http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/

Writing Intel.txt

For owners of a Dell PCs with Conexant HSF modems, a driver source package with
full speed enabled is available, but requires driver compiling. Read Conexant.tx

 Read Conexant.txt

Writing Conexant.txt

Writing Smartlink.txt

I took a look at

http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hsf/index.php

for  Primary PCI_id  8086:27d8
    Subsystem PCI_id  1025:012a

but did not find that pci id in the linuxant page.  Hope that Marv,
can provide better advice than I have provided.

Regards,

Antonio