Re: agere hda in Acer Travelmate 6291

Manuel

Re: seems to be saying that the modem works in another  Acer notebook,
that has just a bigger screen and better video card,
Agere does have other softmodem chips such as the 0x11c13026  which
are Linux functional on the same host Audio card.
Likely the  http://www.gratisweb.com/linuxaspire9424/#Modem_56k report
was about a System with the 0x11c13026 , rather than your 0x11c11040.
Incidentally  http://www.gratisweb.com/linuxaspire9424/#Modem_56k is
wrong/or_dead.
If you can send me the active URL, I'll try to check further

Marvin