Re: Patch to allow for the ATM "cell tax"

Russell Stuart wrote:
On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 13:09 -0500, Jason Boxman wrote:

I finally patched my 2.6.15.5 kernel last night and use Stuart's userspace
`tc` patch and I'm up and running.  So far, things are working extremely
well and exceeding my expectations.  I only wish I actually knew my PPPoATM
overhead, but my modem won't share. :)  (I settled on the highest overhead
number provided by Stuart in this thread, although I couldn't match them up
with the numbers presented in your thesis' ATM overhead summary values so
I'm confused.)

My calculations in that email were wrong for PPPoA - as someone else pointed out. This is how I calculated it for PPPoA:

  PPP overhead          =    2
  ATM AAL5 SAR overhead =    4
                         -----
                             6