Re: Patch to allow for the ATM "cell tax"

Am Donnerstag, 2. März 2006 08:30 schrieb Russell Stuart:
> I have been trying to optimise my ADSL connections for VOIP.
> Funny things were happening - for example increasing the ping
> packet size by 50% had no effect, but then adding one byte
> had a major effect.  It took me a while to figure out that I
> was seeing the effects of the fixed ATM cell size.

[ ADSL - ATM/AAL5/LLC Overhead description ]

this stuff is well documented in Jesper Dangaard Brouer master thesis
found at: http://www.adsl-optimizer.dk/thesis/

There exists also patches which do static overhead rate table
calculation (incl. ATM Cell alignment) or per packet overhead
calculation for htb or other qdiscs.

Why you don't use the existing overhead parameter? It's useless to have
two parameters which do the exact same thing (existing overhead and
your atm).
Only ATM Cell alignment must be added to rate table calculation.

--
Markus Schulz