Re: Patch to allow for the ATM "cell tax"

Jesper Dangaard Brouer said:

<snip>
> I just held a technical talk about the ADSL-optimizer (4/3-2006) at
> linuxforum.dk.  Where I promised the audience that I would try to get the
> patches to the kernel and TC into the main line.  It seem work on this
> front is already in progress, Cool! :-)

I reread parts of your thesis last night.  Excellent information.

I finally patched my 2.6.15.5 kernel last night and use Stuart's userspace
`tc` patch and I'm up and running.  So far, things are working extremely
well and exceeding my expectations.  I only wish I actually knew my PPPoATM
overhead, but my modem won't share. :)  (I settled on the highest overhead
number provided by Stuart in this thread, although I couldn't match them up
with the numbers presented in your thesis' ATM overhead summary values so
I'm confused.)

http://edseek.com/archives/2006/03/13/linux-qos-tc-and-accounting-for-atm-overhead/

I setup the latest -rc of ipp2p and that's working great against recent
eMule / mldonkey traffic, too.