Re: Patch to allow for the ATM "cell tax"

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006, Russell Stuart wrote:

On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 14:23 -0800, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
I will put it in iproute2 commands when a definitive set of patches
is sent to me. So far, it still looks like it needs some fine tuning.

Yes, they need some fine tuning.  My ultimate goal here is
to get something into the main line that makes tc/htb work
well for VOIP.  I don't care whether it is my patch, or
something else.

Jesper's patch is more mature, and as such is probably the
better starting point.  The only problem with using them
is this statement on his web site:

 "Commercial use of my work including the ADSL-optimizer
 is not allowed without my knowledge and consent. The
 ADSL-optimizer will be released under the GNU public
 license."

4.  Jesper clarifying the license on his patch.

I'll simply drop this license restriction.
Now it is release 100% under GPL.

I just held a technical talk about the ADSL-optimizer (4/3-2006) at linuxforum.dk. Where I promised the audience that I would try to get the patches to the kernel and TC into the main line. It seem work on this front is already in progress, Cool! :-)

Hilsen
  Jesper Brouer