Re: Balancing multiple connections and NAT

On 3/5/06, Andreas Hasenack <ahasenack@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Em Qui 23 Fev 2006 20:41, Markus Schulz escreveu:
> > you need a patch for NAT processing with multiple gateways. this will
> > then save the routing information for each connection inside NAT
> > structures, so that each packet of an established connection will be
> > get routed over the same gateway. you can find the patches here:
> > http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/#routes
> > please read the guides (nano howto or dgd-usage) carefully.
>
> Any idea why these patches are not yet integrated into the upstream kernel?

Possibly disagreement on the features included, or any number of other
reasons.  Personally I had serious problems with the patches in that
they didn't fully function.  Multi-path routing was only choosing one
path, and if too many routes were requested a kernel panic would
occur.

- Jody