Re: firewall problem

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 14:00:23 +0200
"Erez D" <erez0001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> well. i ment the ip i got from my isp is aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa, not the
> local net one, sorry
>
> i do not use MASQ. as this did not function well before, and the faq
> said to preffer SNAT

Would point me this FAQ?
AFAIK SNAT is to be used on fixed IP and MASQUERADE on dynamic (like ppp's) IP's.
I woulb like to know if my knowleage is wrong.

> i have 2 outgoing internet  connections, one via pptp (ppp0), one via
> router (eth1)
> i also got a local network - eth0
>
> eth1 is 10.0.0.2 connectod to a router which is 10.0.0.1

This one must be NAT'ed somewhere downstream by you ISP.

> ppp0 is aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa ptp to ccc.ccc.ccc.ccc
> eth0 is 192.168.0.254/24

Note that your streams are going out using 192.168.0.254 as source IP and not
the IPs of your internal machines. Therefore NAT is working.

And also, outgoing via two routers is a tricky thing to put to work.
There are some docs aronud about this subject.

Regards

--

Ethy H. Brito         /"\
InterNexo Ltda.       \ /  CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML