Re: [Manycouches] Remote presenters for HotRFC in Vancouver? (was: Re: Side meetings in a virtual IETF meeting ?)

Hiya,

On 05/03/2020 01:40, Michael Richardson wrote:
> The goal

I suggest we may have more than one goal. Even one
person may have multiple conflicting goals at the same
time. (I know I do:-)

> here is not to eliminate all meetings, nor is it to support people
> who can NEVER come to a meeting.

I disagree with that last. I do believe the IETF would
be better, the better we support properly eliciting and
processing useful input from people who can never come
to a f2f meeting.

(It could be that your phrase "the goal here" did not
refer to the goals of the manycouches list, but rather to
a singular point you were making, in which case, sorry
for being dense, my excuse being variance in transatlantic
terminological traits;-)

> The goal is to reduce the number of
> meetings we *have* to have,

That is another, different but also fine, goal.

S.