Re: Thought experiment [Re: Quality of Directorate reviews]

Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@xxxxxx> wrote:
    >> Salz, Rich <rsalz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: >> My impression from the regular
    >> plenary reports on attendance my impression is > that the number of
    >> people involved in the IETF is declining, yet the number > of RFCs
    >> being processed is going up.
    >>
    >> > Attendance is perhaps declining, but I don't recall any discussion
    >> of > WG email traffic, for example.
    >>
    >> So the number we need to know is what is the trend for RFCs being
    >> processed by a set of authors who are exclusively remote.  ...

    > Why exclusively?

There is a belief that documents which have authors that can travel to
meetings progress more easily than those that don't.
A document that has at least one author "shopping" the document around the
physical meeting could have five remote authors contributing.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-