Re: NomCom 2019 Call for Community Feedback

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 4:24 AM Stewart Bryant <stewart.bryant@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am I alone in being both surprised and disappointed at the small number of candidates that Nomcom has for a number of the IESG positions?

Disappointed? No, I'm sure many IETFers feel the same way.

Surprised? Maybe. I'm personally not surprised: being AD is basically a full-time job, and unless one is independently wealthy a candidate needs support from his/her employer for a 2-year (and often 4-year) commitment. Conservatively, that's a $600,000 investment for a 2-year term, and you don't even get your logo in the credits for the trouble. It's hard to make the business case for that.