Re: NomCom 2019 Call for Community Feedback

On Mon, 4 Nov 2019, Kyle Rose wrote:

Surprised? Maybe. I'm personally not surprised: being AD is basically a full-time job, and unless one is
independently wealthy a candidate needs support from his/her employer for a 2-year (and often 4-year) commitment.
Conservatively, that's a $600,000 investment for a 2-year term, and you don't even get your logo in the credits
for the trouble. It's hard to make the business case for that.

This is indeed the core of the problem. And perhaps we need to think
about how it can be addressed in other ways.

Paul