Quality of Directorate reviews

Hi Michael,

On 05/11/2019 21:50, Michael Richardson wrote:

> Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>     > If we want the IESG job to be more reasonably sized, we have to take
>     > work away from the ADs. As far as I can see, that means taking away
>     > their duty of acting as final reviewers. I don't want to name names
>     > because I don't think the ADs are to be blamed individually, but some
>     > of them spend *enormous* effort on detailed reviews.
>
> +1
>
> I think that there is a lack of trust by ADs of the various directorates.

Other ADs have commented on this, but I think I need to repeat what they
said and expand on it.

Results are vary varied. Some are quite good (e.g. Gen-Art) and others
really depend on reviewer. ADs responsible for Directorates are faces
with the choice of firing half of their Directorates (which has some
rather unfortunate consequences) and/or raise the bar on who should be
allowed to join. We already struggle to recruit people at all levels of
our organization.

Best Regards,
Alexey