Re: Author and attendance measurements [Was: Re: Thought experiment [Re: Quality of Directorate reviews]]

Andrew G. Malis <agmalis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >> So an alternate stat may be the number of unique people who upload to
    >> the Datatracker.  So that would require, for each RFC published,
    >> getting the list of people who uploaded.  That would be a lower bound
    >> on number active authors.  The numbers Jari has would be the upper
    >> bound.

    > That would include Internet Draft authors as well as RFC authors, but I
    > think that's a better metric of how many active authors we have in a
    > given year.

Well, the complexity is that one has to get the list of RFCs, then the list
of uploads for each RFC.

    > Except now we have authoring happening on GitHub as well, which is more
    > difficult to track. For example, how many active authors do we have in
    > the QUIC WG? Tough to say without looking at their GitHub document
    > update history.

Thus a reason why I'd like to have the list of contributors/acknowledgements
in a structured format in the document :-)

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-