Re: Author and attendance measurements [Was: Re: Thought experiment [Re: Quality of Directorate reviews]]

Michael,

So an alternate stat may be the number of unique people who upload to the
Datatracker.  So that would require, for each RFC published, getting the list
of people who uploaded.  That would be a lower bound on number active
authors.
The numbers Jari has would be the upper bound.

That would include Internet Draft authors as well as RFC authors, but I think that's a better metric of how many active authors we have in a given year.

Except now we have authoring happening on GitHub as well, which is more difficult to track. For example, how many active authors do we have in the QUIC WG? Tough to say without looking at their GitHub document update history.

Cheers,
Andy