Re: Thought experiment [Re: Quality of Directorate reviews]

On 11/7/19 3:07 PM, Michael Richardson wrote:

Would you consider if these new documents are *RFC*s or, would you consider
if we could make a new document series for these documents? I would suggest
that it become the*Proposed Standard*  series.  That is, we'd change our
first step to not be an*RFC*.

At first glance I find this idea appealing.   I'd like to see it explored.   At lot depends on other factors - e.g. when, relative to interop testing, do we look for potential harm to other interests?

(though maybe we don't need a new document series - maybe we just need a way of designating certain Internet-Drafts as being suitable for interop testing and/or limited deployment)

Keith