Re: Should IETF stop using GitHub?

i think that wg charters should mandate emacs. :)

we have a variety of tools, a variety of people, and a variety of needs.
there are no perfect tools, perfect people (present company excepted, of
course), and unsophisticated needs do not match our unbounded desire for
corner cases.

we have a work-product funnel with a fairly wide mouth and a well-
defined end.  this is a feature, not a bug.

i use nekked git, gogs, github, and still a remnant of RCS <blush>.  i
use emacs and xml2rfc.  i do not feel a need to tell you what [not] to
use; and will not take seriously your telling me what [not] to use.
it's hard enough to get substantive work done without being
over-processed and/or micromanaged.

i recently co-authored a draft where a major contributor still uses
nroff.  i focussed on the content, and only snarked once.

and i deeply appreciate the tool-makers who have given us a fairly rich
variety from which to choose.  and i am in awe of the makers and fellow
users who help when i do a st00pid or hit a bug.  thank you.

randy