Re: We gotta stop meeting like this

On 23/7/19 20:17, Eric Gray wrote:
> I also tend to agree, sadly.  But with a qualification: valuable
> people are not typically locked in to working for employers that
> cannot afford to pay them to do this sort of work, if they want to do
> it and have value to add.

I have no idea what's the rationale for this statement.

I can tell you that it is extremely difficult (if at all possible) to
have your employer support your IETF work in regions such as Latin
America and the Caribbean.

Even for other regions, it would seem
(http://www.arkko.com/tools/recrfcstats/companydistr.html) the vast
majority of recent RFCs have been authored by folks from a dozen
different companies or so. Not a lot of diversity in terms of
affiliations/employers. When looking at countries, it is even more so:
http://www.arkko.com/tools/recrfcstats/d-countrydistr.html

Thanks,
--
Fernando Gont