Re: Evolving Documents (nee "Living Documents") side meeting at IETF105.)

> My experience is that often the operations focused work items get
> strung along and nibbled to death by tiny ducks... to the point that
> by the time the document sees the light of day it's OBE :( This is
> disheartening to the authors... They're goal wasn't really 'publish an
> rfc!' but to make a best practice more accessible to others.

why does an ops organisation such as ripe not create a reviewed document
repository?  oh, wait.  how about one i helped on,
https://www.ripe.net/publications/docs/ripe-580

why don't ops, not satisfied with the ripe doc repo create yet another
repo, something such as Best Current Ops Practices?  oh, wait.  ...

what you describe sounds like wanting to get the ietf imprimatur on an
incompletely reviewed document.  drafts in the routing area require two
implementations to progress; is that silly?

implement a marked draft.  does it interop?  is it clear?  has it taken
security into account?  ...  then we have a process to publish it with
the ietf imprimatur.

randy