Re: Evolving Documents (nee "Living Documents") side meeting at IETF105.)

On Jul 18, 2019, at 9:50 PM, Keith Moore <moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes, and I’ve repeatedly said I could see optimizing in corner cases..  But I think it’s a rare WG that doesn’t have any potential to adversely affect other interests.

Another way to look at this is a well-known cognitive bias: “I am right.”   If you look at what a working group is doing and don’t understand it, there is a tendency to think they don’t know what they are doing, and that you know what they should have done.   This bias is frequently wrong, and I’ve seen it turned against good work numerous times.