Re: to pitch or not to pitch, IETF attendance costs

Melinda Shore <melinda.shore@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >> That implies we have to work out what the goals are.
    >> Let me take a stab at this:
    >>
    >> 1) make it easier to bring new work to the IETF.
    >> 2) permit deeper and faster review of the new work, providing better
    >> feedback.
    >> 3) reduce presentations from costly in-person meetings

    > I am not a fan of making this overly formal, either now,
    > during an experimental phase, or if it becomes institutionalized
    > in the future.

So no rfc3933 document need... what level of formalism would you like?

    > That said, I think some clarity around what's
    > intended seems critical and documenting goals would be the
    > core piece of that.  These three seem to me to capture what
    > I'm concerned about, myself (although I might edit the third
    > to say "reduce presentations during costly in-person meetings,
    > freeing up time and other resources for increased discussion"

I think that's a friendly amendment.
But, I'm not sure what document is amending yet.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-