Re: to pitch or not to pitch, IETF attendance costs

On 5/15/19 11:39 AM, Michael Richardson wrote:
> That implies we have to work out what the goals are.
> Let me take a stab at this:
>
> 1) make it easier to bring new work to the IETF.
> 2) permit deeper and faster review of the new work, providing better
>    feedback.
> 3) reduce presentations from costly in-person meetings

I am not a fan of making this overly formal, either now,
during an experimental phase, or if it becomes institutionalized
in the future.  That said, I think some clarity around what's
intended seems critical and documenting goals would be the
core piece of that.  These three seem to me to capture what
I'm concerned about, myself (although I might edit the third
to say "reduce presentations during costly in-person meetings,
freeing up time and other resources for increased discussion"

Melinda