Re: to pitch or not to pitch, IETF attendance costs

First, new work comes in at different phases, not just in the BoF.
Second, when new work comes in, it is not obvious to folks that they are interested in it. Thus, they are less likely to make time to attend virtual interims (or, even worse, actual interims) Third, due to the nature of time zones, it is VERY hard to actually find a time when all the folks can make it. Particularly when you do not know who the interested parties are, as they have not yet had a chance to see the work and discover they are (or are not) interested.

Yes, this means that sometimes we sometimes use WG face-to-face time to let folsk with new ideas know that their new idea has lots of problems or is not of interest. That is not, in my book, a waste of time.

Yours,
Joel