Re: to pitch or not to pitch, IETF attendance costs

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 10:40:25PM +0000, Salz, Rich wrote:
> >    Yes, no HTML for IETF email work.
>
> Good.  Tell me how to configure gmail, yahoo, etc., to do that.

I forget how to, but gmail has a way.  I don't know about the others.
Frankly, I get very little HTML email from IETF lists, so I don't think
this is the problem.

The biggest problem is users who can't do angle bracket quoting so often
they do no quoting and then intersperse commentary in the form of lines
that start with "[sender's-name-here] ", and these are just very
difficult to read -- I try to avoid having to read them by reading
replies to them if there are any.  Such posts are unreadable no matter
what MUA you have, and that has nothing to do with HTML.

Nico