Re: voting rights in general

On 3/24/19 2:01 PM, Ted Lemon wrote:
On Mar 24, 2019, at 1:58 PM, Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have never held any official IETF position and I have been able to participate in WG activities just fine.

Yes, but you have no say in IETF leadership.

The eligibility requirements are for nomcom membership (and for signing recall petitions).

The nomcom listens a lot, and gets input from people who are not themselves eligible for nomcom membership.

So it's not that you have no say, it's that you have no ability to volunteer for having a vote.
(of the 100 or so who volunteer for Nomcom in any given year, 90 of them never get to vote either.)

--
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.