Re: voting rights in general

On Mar 24, 2019, at 11:06 AM, Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Now, I'm sure some people feel intimidated by the tone and way things are done in the IETF, but it's definitely not closed or requiring special membership/affiliation to "play".

Because of the way nomcom eligibility works, it effectively does require special membership: you have to be able to attend three out of five IETFs in a row.   We don’t call this a membership, but in effect it is.   The minimum cost of the membership is three times the IETF conference fee plus travel expenses.